For years, large storage vendors defined the storage industry. Customer have less choices but arrays. Arrays were said to be powerful, trusted and agile, but they were not cheap, not flexible, and not the best choice of our current era of cloud, as there is another even better choice – SDS, software-defined storage. SDS redefined the storage infrastructure, bringing powerful flexibility and scalability to businesses of all sizes without requiring companies to invest in difficult-to-maintain, onsite hardware or numerous high-value technical staff resources. Customers could get business benefits including:
- Reduced IT and infrastructure costs. Hardware is expensive—not only is initial data-center setup costly, but also companies must pay to maintain systems and replace out-of-date hardware. When data centers are offered as a service, the onus for hardware maintenance is removed from the business.
- Faster time to data center value. Software-based solutions leverage virtual components, where hardware and functionality already exist on multiple platforms. Components can be customized through software, letting businesses set up and tweak data systems quickly.
- Not locked into hardware. Businesses aren’t stuck with legacy hardware, such as servers that no longer meet processing needs when data center solutions are purchased as a service package. With SDS solution, the replacement of out-of-date hardware will not need data migration form one array to another, which means business downtime
- Complete redundancy. SDS provides the best possible redundancy for data storage, because data can exist on, be accessed from, and transferred to multiple environments from individual control stations.
XSKY is one of the top 3 SDS vendors in SDS industry in China, according to IDC 2017Q2 report1. XSKY provides block, file and object storage in one single product, a data platform: X-EDP. With Intel powered, XSKY enabled SDS solutions, modern data centers are getting better agility, availability, analysis and visibility on 3 quadrants: cloud, data platform and ecosystem.
The new IT model.
With the help of XSKY and Intel customers can Build on-premise cloud platforms, the stack of hybrid cloud that connect on-premise infrastructure and public cloud. The latest XSKY product (X-EDP version 3.2) provides single pane of glass for data management and virtual machines (VMs) in VMware, Openstack, and provides SSO (Single sign-on) combining authentication, authorization and encryption.
- Data platform
The foundation of Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI), Cloud and Business analysis. HCI can be enabled on any Intel® Architecture and have the ability to support next generation hardware: CPU, SATA/SAS SSD, NVMe*, is easy to scale-out and scale-up, provides data availability, integrity, high performance and built-in lifecycle management.
While testing on the Intel® Xeon processor Scalable family (Dell R740xd with Xeon 4116 and DC p3700), the performance of X-EDP 3.2 showed substantial improvement. The average latency dropped 30%, while IOPS improved 1.5 times, and MBPS got 3 times higher.
The truth of business.
Enterprise business could not be enabled by single application, XSKY have joint solutions with Intel, Cisco, Dell, Red hat, Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Openstack, Oracle, SAP, Veritas, CommVault, Veeam. With such a strong ecosystem, customers receive benefits that accelerate their own business. With the latest Intel® QuickAssist Technology, X-EDP version 3.2 also saw huge performance improvement on encryption and compression, while using remote backup and archive.
XSKY builds internet carrier operation experience, mainstream open-source technology, and enterprise best practices into the products, offering customer cost-effective, future-ready scale-out storage solutions. Find more on www.xsky.com.
1 IDC 2017Q2 Software-defined Storage and HCI Market Overview v1.0
* XSKY and X-EDP are trademarks of XSKY Data Technology Co.,Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
©2017 XSKY Data Technology Co.,Ltd. All rights reserved.